Why Join KPTMC?
For as little as $225 you can put your business in front of more than 100,000 prospective visitors as they plan their upcoming trip to the Kenai Peninsula.
- Huge distribution: 125,000 printed, distribution begins in November.
- Sent directly to potential visitors requesting Kenai Peninsula information.
- Access to thousands of e-mail visitor information request leads included with your display ad.
- Distributed worldwide through direct mailing, consumer shows and trade shows, tour operators and agencies, major in-state visitor centers, airports and ferry terminal, as well as local visitor centers and kiosks.
- Free listing on the www.kenaipeninsula.org website.
Download our membership packet to learn about the benefits of membership and listing your business in the Kenai Peninsula Discovery Guide.
Download our marketing programs packet to learn more about our passport program, new media services, brochure distribution, consumer travel show coop and ways to enhance your content on the kenaipeninsula.org website.
What is the Kenai Peninsula Tourism Marketing Council?
The KPTMC is a non-profit, regional destination marketing organization (DMO). Through a public-private partnership, we cooperatively represent both our membership and the borough to promote the Kenai Peninsula as an exciting and fun-filled visitor destination.
What is our mission?
To promote, develop and coordinate visitation to the Kenai Peninsula, and create an awareness and understanding of tourism’s effect on, and enhancement of, the local economy and residents’ quality of life.
What is the Discovery Guide, and what is its purpose?
The Discovery Guide serves as a planning tool, providing potential visitors with useful information about services and attractions available during their stay. This enables visitors to plan, in ADVANCE every aspect of a dream vacation to Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula.
Why should I purchase a display ad in the Discovery Guide?
Full color display ads get noticed and attract attention to your business. If you want to distinguish yourself from the competition, then a display ad is the way to go! You can represent your business in full color, anyway you like. All members purchasing any size display ad will receive our Internet Automated Leads Service free of charge for the year ($400 value).
Who is using the Discovery Guide?
Requests arrive from every U.S. state and numerous international locations. Many visitors, travel agents, tour operators and travel writers use it as a planning tool to PRE-BOOK lodging and activities for their visit to the Kenai Peninsula.
What is the total circulation, and when/where is the Discovery Guide distributed?
Total circulation is 125,000; ready for distribution each November. 50,000 copies are mailed to pre-qualified leads from the statewide marketing program. 10,00 are distributed through consumer and travel-trade shows. Approximately 40,000 are distributed throughout the year as we fulfill requests received from our website and over the phone. Approximately 25,000 guides are distributed through Southcentral and Kenai Peninsula Visitor Centers and Airports.
How does the KPTMC promote the Kenai Peninsula as a destination?
In order to stay competitive within the constantly changing tourism industry in Alaska, we utilize the following:
- CURRENT TOURISM RESEARCH
- ADVERTISING IN NATIONAL CONSUMER PUBLICATIONS
- PUBLIC RELATIONS AND FAMILIARIZATION (FAM) TRIPS
- THE DISCOVERY GUIDE & OUR INTERNET WEB SITE
- ALASKA’S KENAI PENINSULA VIDEO SALES
- KENAI WILD SAT/SUN MARKET-ANCHORAGE
- TOK VISITOR CENTER VIDEO KIOSK & BROCHURE DISTRIBUTION
- FREE RECREATION MAP
- KENAI PENINSULA "MILEPOST" MAP INSERT
- PROMOTE KENAI PENINSULA AT NATIONAL TRAVEL TRADE SHOW
- ACTIVELY SERVING ON ATIA MARKETING COMMITTEE